16th century Abraham Poniatowski, married to Ona Gryniute-Janavičienė-Poniatovskienė received the lands around the Abromiskes manor. He built the first manor house on the highest point of the marshland and is considered the founder of Abromiskes Manor. Abraham's name is the origin of the name of the manor and later the name of the settlement that began to form around it. Abromiskes Manor was first mentioned in a document from 1571, when the widower A. Poniatovskis sold Abromiskes manor with its forests, roadside inn and lakes to M. Bychovec. At the end of the 16th century, the manor already belonged to the Bychovc family, and in the 17th century it was settled in by the Narbutas family. Around 1748, the manor passed to the Counts de Raës of French origin, when Joseph Mykolas de Raes married Ona Karpytė and received Abromiškės Manor as a dowry. Later, the estate was managed by their son Robert Casimir de Raes. In 1799, a wedding took place in the manor of his niece Rachel de Raes, who was a painter, decorator and the famous intellectual Michael Joseph Römer. Robert Casimir de Raës' son Wilhelm, together with his wife Antanina de Raës XIX a. in the first half of the 19th century, built a wooden mansion and established a garden. The estate was extended and adapted for cultural life. Literary evenings and plays were held there. The manor flourished as a cultural center of aristocratic life. At the same time, the construction of the de Raës mausoleum began in Sabališkės where Wilhelm and Antonina were buried. Their daughter Kazimiera became the last of de Raës. She was married in 1840 to Francis Broel-Pliater, and the Broel-Pliater family began to rule Abromiskes. Vilhelm, the son of Kazimiera and Francis after his marriage to Felicija Soltan in 1880 expanded the mansion: two brick extensions were introduced, the park was redesigned. At the end of the 19th century, under the management of the estate Broel-Pliater family, the manor house was owned by the Broel-Pliater family and had a large a library containing about 20,000 volumes French and Polish literary classics, historical works. It housed a rich collection of books by two families, as well as paintings and porcelain collections. In 1912 after Wilhelm's death, the estate passed to the heirs - his wife Felicia and daughters Irena, Idalia and Maria. The interior of the wooden manor was reconstructed between the wars. In 1933, the estate was bought by a man who had emigrated during the Soviet era and had become a renowned art collector Mykolas Žilinskas. He repaired the manor and landscaped the park. In 1951 the manor became a hospital, and later a post office, a medical centre and a library. In 1978 it housed a savings bank, a communications department, a cultural center, and residential apartments were also installed there. When Lithuania became an independent country in 1990, M. Žilinskas, upon his return, donated money to to renovate the manor and the park. He had written a will giving the manor and the surrounding lakes to to Lithuania, designating the property to the Writers' Union, but the owner did not manage to recover the property before his death and the estate was privatised a few years later. The owners of the estate kept changing, and in 2007 Romualdas Bakutis became the owner of the manor. He founded the company "Galves investicijos" and started the reconstruction of the manor and manor park. EU Structural Funds launched in April 2018 a co-financed project called "Adaptation of the Abromiskiai Manor House to the public for public use", which involved the renovation of the stone wings of the Abromiskes Manor House. The first stage of the reconstruction of the entire complex was planned to be completed in 2022 and the manor was to be adapted to the first phase of the renovation of the palace for commercial and cultural activities. The Abromiskes Manor House has been declared a state-protected cultural heritage site. It includes the manor house, a barn, a guardhouse, fragments of a barn, a fence and a park. The barn at Abromiskes Manor was built in the first half of the 19th century and it is an example of traditional folk architecture, a rectangular building with a shed, used for farming purposes. It was reconstructed in 1921, but its condition deteriorated significantly over time and in 2009 it burnt down. Then the Elektrėnai municipal administration, in cooperation with Abromiskes community, submitted an application for the project "Integrated development of the village of Abromiskes" and under the Cohesion Action Programme of the year 2007-2013 from the European Union Structural Funds has received funding. In 2011, lighting, sports fields and playgrounds were installed in Abromiskės and the barn was reconstructed and adapted to the needs of the Abromiskes community. After the restoration of the Abromiskiai barn in 2012, the Abromiskiai community settled on the first floor and is still active. The barn regularly hosts festivals, exhibitions and educational activities of the Abromiskes community. The village also hosts poetry afternoons, film screenings, lectures, and commemorations of historical anniversaries, various other events. Since 2012, the Abromiskes community, together with the Lithuanian Armed Forces. Since 2012, the community of Abromiskiai together with the volunteer union of the creators of the Lithuanian army has been organizing the "Green Devil's Trails" hike for pedestrians and cyclists, dedicated to the partisan commander of the Great Battle District Jonas Misiūnas-Green Devil and the partisans of this district. The march always begins and ends at the Abromiskiai barn. In 2019 the project "Adaptation of the Abromiskiai barn for museum activities" was completed, during which part of the exhibits of the Elektrėnai municipality literature and art museum were moved to the barn. Thus, the Abromiskiai barn is not only an object of cultural attraction of the local community and municipality, but also an important object of tourism.
The activities of local residents are active here: lectures are held, sports training takes place, and events are organized. One of the biggest events is the traditional "Green Devil's Trails" hike for pedestrians and cyclists. Part of Elektrėnai sav also moved here. Exhibitions of the Museum of Literature and Art.
Visitors are accepted:
- I - IV 11.00 - 17.00
- V 11.00 - 15.45